Sunday 5 December 2010

Ouch!

About a week ago, I decided to try a new area for my cannula - I went for the top of my right thigh. I wasn't sure of exactly the best place to put it, so I picked a bit that felt nice and 'fleshy' (for want of a better word).

It went in fine, but a few hours later it started to get tender. I figured this was because it was the first time I'd used that area, so I persisted with it - my levels were fine.

The following morning, after sleeping on it (I toss and turn in my sleep, so even if I fell asleep on the other side, I knew I'd end up lying on it at some point - I'm a side sleeper), it was red, hot and sore to touch. Safe to say I changed it and it soon settled down.

I think perhaps it was a little too close to muscle. I'm not sure. But I'll definitely be sticking to my 'really fleshy' areas, just to be on the safe side!

0 comments: