Friday 19 March 2010

Low day.

Today, I have been dragging on the bottom, as Patricia over at Waving and Drowning would say.

I haven't seen a level higher than 5.5, and the majority have been under 4. Basically I have been having non-stop hypos since about 9.30 this morning. I'm getting pretty tired, and I'm not bolusing for the slice of thin bread I just had. I know where it will end up if I do.

I saw the practice diabetes nurse today, who was very nice. She is referring me over to Gloucester Royal Hospital, to a Dr Thoman Ullahanan. I'm also being referred to the DSN team over there, to a DSN I was recommended to. So hopefully, that will get me on the way to getting an insulin pump. Who knows. I'll just have to wait and see. I explained to the practice nurse how unpredictable my lifestyle is right now, and MDIs aren't really fitting into it any more. She seemed fairly understanding. Let's hope this referral comes through quickly!

0 comments: