Wednesday 31 March 2010

Dear Diabetes

Dear Diabetes,

Hai, Siobhan here. I know you behave yourself most of the time, but lately, I've noticed that you're not really listening to me. It's as though you no longer want to play nice.

I'm getting a little sick of seeing numbers over 10 (180 for our US friends) all the time. I'm a bit sick of having a constant headache and feeling so lethargic. I don't like to annoy you and rage bolus, but I'm getting close to that point again. If you could just calm down a little and try to stay within target, I'd be eternally grateful.

I promise I'm doing the best for you. I am pre- and post-meal testing and trying to spot patterns (see: high all the time), I am giving correction doses when necessary, I am trying to cut down on carbs a little to make this easier for you. I am getting transferred to Gloucestershire PCT so that we can see a new consultant and a new DSN.

I know you're with me for life, so let's try to get along, okay?

Thanks

Siobhan
Pancreatically challenged since 1991

0 comments: