Friday 16 April 2010

One of those days.

This afternoon, I was dozing on my bed (with an episode of CSI on in the background, fyi). I felt a bit 'funny', so I got up to test my blood sugar levels. As I stood up, I promptly fell over, which worried me. I grabbed my testing kit and did the necessary: only to discover I was 1.8. That's pretty damn low, by anyone's standards.

It's a bit of a long story, but my usual bedroom stash of 200ml oj cartons are actually in Weymouth at the moment. So I decided to risk going downstairs to get something to eat (I was very shaky and unsteady on my feet). I made it downstairs, grabbed some apple juice and some left over dessert (mmmm rhubarb and custard).

pic yoinked from LoveToKnow

After a few minutes, I was up to 3.6. Then 6.4 - and I'll check again in a little while. I am expecting a rebound high, as I did consume a LOT of carbs to compensate. 

In other news, I am WAY too excited about the Circle D 2 year bash/Diabetes Support Forums Meetup! It's in London on the 24th of April. Check out the facebook link if you're interested! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoy the meet

Northerner said...

Only a week to go!

Big Swifty said...

Hope you've had a good few days, and that the London meet-up goes well, and that this comment actually appears! Cheers from our little Frank, and me and Jules too.